You are eligible to work with the writing centre at the college or campus where you’re registered. If you take a college-program course (the ones labelled INI, NEW, SMC, TRN, UNI, or VIC), you may also take assignments from that course to the college writing centre. Here is the contact information:
- Innis College Writing Centre, Innis College, Rooms 315 and 321.
- New College Writing Centre, Wilson Hall, Rooms 2045 and 2047.
- St. Michael’s Writing Centre, Kelly Library Learning Commons.
- Trinity College Writing Centre, Trinity College, Academic Resource Centre, Room 3.
- University College Writing Centre, University College, Rooms 259E, 259F, and 259G.
- Victoria College Writing Centre, Northrop Frye Hall 103, Room A and Room B.
- Woodsworth College Academic Writing Centre, Woodsworth College, Room 214.
If you are taking a course in French or Philosophy, you may be eligible to work with a specialized writing centre. Call the Department of French at 416 926-2302 for information about its services for this academic year. The Philosophy Essay Clinic is now in Room 422, Jackman Humanities Building. Check online for drop-in hours or for instructions about booking by email.
Support for multilingual students is available through the Faculty of Arts & Science’s English Language Learning program.
Find out about Writing Plus, the free group workshops given by the downtown college writing centres.
The Transitional Year Programme Writing & Academic Skills Centre provides one-on-one instruction in writing and in learning strategy. Our instructors and alumni peer-tutors will assist you with your writing at any stage of the process, whether you are brainstorming, researching, pre-writing, proposing, composing, revising, or polishing your essay or assignment. Our learning strategist can assist with academic skill-building, including notetaking and time-management strategies; study skills and test-taking practices; critical thinking, reading, writing, and research skills. For 2020-21, all tutoring sessions and one-on-one appointments will occur online.